Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Monday, August 19, 2013

1-min Microwave Mug Cake

I always think twice before planning to bake a cake, as...
  • It takes too much in following exact proportions n procedure to follow :(
  • That comes to be too-big cake for just 2 of us!!!
And so I usually prefer muffins or cupcakes in my baking sessions! While referring pages of food-blogs, I found a microwave version of chocolate cake somewhere... and thought of trying it out. I found it quite an easy thing to do, but when I entered in my kitchen... found an empty pack of cocoa powder :( A thought of making it there n then got vanished in a minute :( :( :( 

Got a new pack of unsweetened cocoa n then planned to try it out!!! Unfortunately, this time I didn't have a scoop of vanilla to pair up with this mug :P Anyways, I enjoyed it like anything.... 

Off you go with the recipe... 


ALL WHAT I HAD:

2 tbsp Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
2-3 drops Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
1 tbsp Chopped Walnuts
2 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Water
A pinch of Salt

THIS IS WHAT I DID:

- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Pour it in a microwave safe glass/mug.
- Microwave on high for a 1½ mins. 
- Eat when it's hot!!! :)


SJ's NOTE:

- Addition of chocolate chips will give an extra crunch :) 
- A scoop of vanilla ice cream is always great to serve with this quick cake!!!

6 comments:

Like & Share