Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Friday, June 14, 2013

Smoky Veggies

Yes... my griller works the best for me to smoke pretty much everything I want! :) And this time... I grabbed a bunch of broccoli and a pack of baby carrots from super-specials rack! I thought of making it while having weekend breakfast, but had to wait for 3 long days if I stick to it... So roasted n grilled them when I planned pasta in dinner!!!

 If you're planning to have a healthy plate as a side or a part of your breakfast, this will work great for you!


INGREDIENTS:

1 cup Thick-sliced Carrots
1 cup Broccoli Florets
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Chilly Flakes
Salt, to taste

METHOD:

- Boil water on high heat and add broccoli florets and carrots in it. Parboil it for 5 mins (or microwave).
- Drain and rinse with tap water. Pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Transfer it to a big bowl and mix well after adding salt, olive oil, oregano and chilly flakes.
- Put veggies on baking tray. 
- Oven-roast it for around 15-20 mins on 200 degrees. 
- Transfer the tray to griller and grill it for around 2-3 mins. It will start smoking and golden brown on surface.
- Drizzle a few drops of lemon juice and it's ready to serve!!! 

SJ's NOTE:

- Potato, cauliflower florets, capsicum, purple yam can be used the same way!!!
- Oven-roasting veggies by packing them in aluminium foil will keep them juicy. I do it only when it's to be served with steamed rice!


2 comments:

Like & Share