You already know one of my best buddies, who was a star of Guest Dish a few days back on Food Court! Here comes the other bestie of mine - D2, who has developed herself to be a great home-cook but her culinary activities are on pause mode these days (Courtesy: her 5+ months old baby) :) Met her last weekend and she handed over a pack of Rice Vermicelli which she was not going to use in near future...!!!
Honestly, I never think of buying a pack of 'Rice Vermicelli' as I always feel that I can't do any magic with that! But while flipping through the pages of 'Small Food - A book of Snack-sized Bites' (Murdoch Books), I found a crispy pancakes (Page-14) to which I added SJ elements and tried out a simple, quick and kids-friendly dish :)
50 gm Rice Vermicelli
2 tsp Finely chopped coriander
2 tsp Shredded Onion
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
Salt, to taste
Oil, to shallow-fry
- Place rice vermicelli in a bowl of boiling water and cover it for 3-4 mins.
- Drain excess water, pat dry with paper towel and transfer it to a big bowl.
- Add rest of all ingredients into it and mix well.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a heavy-bottom pan and shallow-fry 2-3 pancakes at a time.
- Press gently with a flat spatula and cook them till golden-brown and crisp on both sides.
- Follow the same process for all the pancakes.
- Place Smoky Veggies in a serving plate and serve these pancakes on top of it.
- Recipe of roasted veggies @ http://myownfoodcourt.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/smoky-veggies.html
- Alternatively, chinese 5-spice can be added for serving them as an appetizer!
Sending this recipe to Healthy Me, Healthy Us Event hosted by Sizzling Taste-buds, Indian Delights, Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey - Potluck Party, Kid's Delight Sweet Treats - Vali's Announcement Page, Samachuruchikalam - Gayathri's Cook Spot and Motions and Emotions and Sara's Corner: