"Mung Daal" for a chilly winter, sounds good! Isn't it? It is one of the most popular daal preparations in Gujarat - Easy to digest and protein-rich... :) Also, a soupy version of the same can be served with a plate of steamed rice!
1 cup Mung Daal (skinless)
1/2 tsp Ginger paste
1/8 tsp Green chilly (finely chopped)
1/8 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of hing
2 tsp Lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 tsp Ghee
- Wash mung daal properly and pressure-cook it for 2 whistles in lightly-salted water.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds, hing.
- Once it splutters, add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chilly. Saute it for a while.
- Add boiled mung daal and rest of all ingredients into it. Mix well.
- Cook it for around 2-3 mins and at last, add lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot!