Visit me @

http://cookingwithsj.com or http://facebook.com/cookingwithsj and explore more of my recipes!!! :)

Monday, April 15, 2013

PavBhaji


When I left India, my husband asked me not to bring any masala from there. When I came here n stepped into this kitchen for the first time, I found a kitchen-drawer full of various spices! Much much much more than what I expected before... :P



One thing to share with you all... All the times when he prefers to be a head chef in the kitchen, I get strong vibes of these 2 things to happen: 
1. Any dish tat he cooks comes to be so delicious! yummm always...
2. & that dish has to have "PavBhaji Masala" in it... ;)

I didn't much prefer to make PavBhaji back in India 'coz I always found "Bhimsingh" or "Prince" or "Honest" PavBhaji wala round the corner. But here...No luck of having it road-side!!! And now I can say that I too can compete with those road-side ones.. I'm yet to beat a tough competitor in-house though ;)

Here is the recipe for making PavBhaji - my version:  


Makes: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS:

8 Pav (buns)
2 large potatoes
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup cabbage
1/2 cup cauliflower
2 chopped tomatoes
2 chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped capsicum
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
2 tbsp butter
3 tsp "Pav Bhaji Masala"
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Salt to taste


METHOD:

- Cut potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower and pressure-cook them for 3 whistles.
- Take butter in a deep kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add chopped onions with ginger-garlic paste and saute it till onions are golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and all the masalas in kadai and cook it for more 2-3 mins.
- Mash pressure-cooked veggies into it and mash them roughly. 
- Pour some water if required to form a medium-thick gravy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander (optional) and serve hot with butter-roasted pav, chopped onions & lemon slice.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

Like & Share